I’ve ditched the E Book idea and decided to go with a list so I can get it done before Canada Day.
So here they are.
- Free Healthcare
- Lots of space for everyone
- Quiet places you can go to get away from it all.
- Basketball was invented here
- We’re good at hockey
- But Lacrosse is our natural sport.
- You can say “Eh” but you don’t have to.
- James Hinchcliffe
- Peter Mansbridge
- Lloyd Robertson
- The glass floor of the CN Tower
- The fact that the CN Tower keeps trying to find new ways to be the “tallest something.”
- The fact that we didn’t go with the idea of a five dollar coin
- We were bold enough to get rid of the penny when it became too expensive to make them.
- There are places where it snows all year.
- Fall Foliage
- Corner Gas
- This Hour Has 22 Minutes
- Wayne Gretzky
- There are legitimate moose crossings
- The telephone was invented here
- Jasper National Park
- We have the worlds largest metal lobster.
- Shediac was cool enough to host the Beach Boys once
- You can still have reasonable conversations with people.
- Acadian cuisine. It was here before it hit Louisiana
- Jacques Villeneuve
- Gilles Villeneuve
- Peter Coade
- Stanley Park
- The Columbia Ice Fields
- It’s easy to learn French because the English is right beside it.
- Jean Chretien’s one liners
- The Toronto Blue Jays
- Maple Syrup
- There’s more fresh water here than anywhere else
- Our Lady Peace
- Joel Plaskett
- You don’t have to like everything everyone else likes
- There are still places where you can buy cheap real estate
- Saint John City Market
- Interesting cruise destinations
- Maple leaves
- The Montreal Canadiens
- The other Canadian hockey teams
- French Toast
- Friendly people
- We know the difference between bacon and ham
- Home of the biggest concrete moose
- Jay Onrait
- Dan O’Toole
- Sports Centre
- Home of the true North Pole
- You can write government without paying postage
- The benefit of the doubt
- April Wine
- Newfoundland was the first landing place when The Beatles came over to North America
- Stuart MacLean
- The Viayl Cafe
- Rick Mercer
- This Is That
- Pat Kelley
- Peter Oldring
- The Irelevent Show
- The ’72 Summit Series solidifying Canada’s hockey supremacy.
- Vimmy Ridge
- Douglas Firs
- May Flowers
- The Annapolis Valley
- Coastal cities
- The Canadarm
- Unpredictable weather patterns and the teams that relentlessly cover them.
- The Weather Network
- Hockey Night In Canada
- The fact that TSN made a bid to keep the Hockey Night in Canada theme after CBC stopped using it for Hockey Night In Canada
- Sidney Crosby
- Mario Lemeux
- Challenging backwoods roads for people who love driving.
- Average life expectancy in Canada is 81 years.
- Statistics Canada
- The fake Statistics Canada Twitter account
- Sir John A. MacDonald
- Joseph Howe
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
- The St. Lawrence Seaway
- The Montreal Expos could make a comeback
- July 1, 1867
- The World Expo 100 years later
- A budding hub for Artificial Intelligence
- William Shatner
- Milk in a Bag
- Sometimes the Mounties still use horses instead of police cars
- All the hype that the Ottawa Senators almost won the Stanley Cup in Canada’s 150th year. The Penguins got it though.
- Canada is very generous with the Stanley Cup
- Rural accents
- The mangling of the word Japan in some places. (Normal pronounciation Ja-PAN…Other strange pronunciation I’ve heard JA-pan).
- Sanford Flemming
- Daylight Savings Time
- Saskatchewan doesn’t do Daylight Savings Time
- Nobody is actually forced into doing the Daylight Savings Time thing.
- Regular mail and faxing are still viable ways of communicating with people if you like that.
- Citadel Hill
- The Columbia Ice ields
- Canadian Bush Pilots
- It’s easy to tell monetary bills apart.
- Mr. Dressup
- The Participaction gang
- Bert and Gert
- Sharky and George
- Professor Iris
- Popular Mechanics For Kids (Keeping the throwback TV show trend going)
- Maud Lewis
- Robert Bateman
- Balanced budgets (from time to time)
- Tim Horton’s
- Tim Horton himself.
- Coastal breezes
- Not everywhere smells like Brooks (I like meat though so I get why they do it)
- Farmers and miners can coexist in the same geographical area
- You can go outside without dying
- Peggy’s cove
- Hopewell Rocks
- Wandering around outside Parliament just to see what there is to see is totally cool
- You can even watch parliament i you want.
- People go nuts over Anne of Green Gables even though she’s a fictional character in a book.
- Roll up the rim
- The fact that they brought Roll Up The Rim back just for Canada Day when it usually happens in the winter.
- They still play exhibition games in the Olympic stadium even though it’s falling apart.
- Lucy Maude Montgomery
- Kim Campbell
- The Governor General could possibly remove any Prime Minister from Office if he or she had reason to. Mostly a non-confidence vote
- Oklawn Farm. The most laid back zoo ever.
- The Harbour Hopper
- William Shantner
- Psalm 72:8