The longest track on the circuit! Back to Plate Racing.
1. #88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. He’s good at Talladega, and he’s got a 100 race losing streak to stop
2. #1 Jamie MacMurray This guy is probably the second best at restrictor plate racing in recent years.
3. #21 Trevor Bayne He hasn’t done anything great since the Daytona 500 earlier this year, but Talladega is another drafting track. He could pull off another win if he gets the right help.
Guys To Watch
1. #22 Kurt Busch He’s become quite good at restrictor plate racing, maybe he’ll get a points paying win under his belt this time. (He did win the Budweiser Shootout and his heat race at the Gatorade Duel but those weren’t points paying races)
2. #2 Brad Keselowski You’ve got to watch this guy. He scored an upset win in 2009. He could do it again.
3. #99 Carl Edwards Edwards is good when he doesn’t flip here.
Racing Flashback: 2009 Aarons 499 Finish
Brad K (#09 at the time) flips #99 Carl Edwards in a last lap battle in order to take the win.
Edwards emerges from his wrecked race car and runs toward the finish line in order to finish the race!