This time it is for points. Also it’s the longest race of the year. Jimmie Johnson will probably win it but I’m tired of saying the same thing about him week after week.
1. #17 Matt Kenseth, he won the Nationwide race here this weekend and could easily win the Cup race as well.
2. #99 Carl Edwards There is a trend happening lately where the winner of the All Star race the week before also wins the Coca-Cola 600 (they’re both at the same track). If this trend holds true, Carl Edwards will be in Victory Lane at the end of tonight’s race.
3. #1 Jamie MacMurray Jamie has had success here before. In just his second start of his career he won at this very track. He also won here last fall with the same team he is currently driving for.
Guys To Watch
1. #22 Kurt Busch He dominated the All Star race and the 600 here last year. It sure would be nice to see him get back on track.
2. #24 Jeff Gordon Super G has a habit of doing well here on occasion, this could be his night.
3. #27 Paul Menard There is another trend developing this year in particular where underdogs end up winning big races. Trevor Bayne wins the Daytona 500, Regan Smith wins the Southern 500 @ Darlington. Could Paul Menard be the next underdog to score big at a famed race track? (Charlotte for example).