The Sprint “Unlimited” is where the guys who won poles the previous year…and previous winners of that particular race compete for a large sum of money…that goes to whoever wins. There are no points given out in this race because not everyone is competing. There’s only 18 drivers set to compete in tomorrow’s race. So it’s all about winning the money.
Also, pay attention. A lot of drivers are racing for different teams than last year.
1. #48 Jimmie Johnson. He hasn’t won one of these in a while…though he could.
2. #31 Ryan Newman. He’s got a new ride this year, Childress cars are always good here.
3. #4 Kevin Harvick. Harvick takes his Budweiser colours to his new team Stewart Haas Racing, where he will race alongside Tony Stewart, Kurt Busch, and Danica Patrick…who all happen to have made this race. He’s got all his teammates.
Guys to Watch
1. #41 Kurt Busch. This is the first time Busch has been part of a four car team since his days at Roush Racing. That was also the last sort of outfit where he was able to win a championship. I believe he will do well this year. It will be interesting to watch for sure. He hasn’t been in this race for a year or so, but he’s always a threat.
2. #14 Tony Stewart. Will he do well in his first race since his injury?
3. #10 Danica Patrick. She might just surprise us tonight.