The Jewel of the Desert Sun gets to host the second race of the season this year. Here are my picks for the win for tomorrow’s race at Phoenix.
1. #11 Denny Hamlin Hamlin is good on flat tracks and looking to rebound from last week’s disappointment.
2. #5 Mark Martin Martin knows how to win here, and is looking to make some more noise this season being his last with Hendrick Motorsports.
3. #48 Jimmie Johnson Johnson wants to put Daytona behind him and get back to winning at a place where he can more or less control his own destiny.
Guys To Watch
1. #17 Matt Kenseth Kenseth knows how to win here, but has recently been quiet. Look for him to be around when it counts.
2. #22 Kurt Busch Busch knows how to win at Phoenix, when he got his win in 2005 he dominated that race. It could happen again.
3. #6 David Ragan Ragan was good at Daytona, could he be having a break out year? If he can pull off a similar effort at Phoenix, that could be the case.