Because sometimes people can’t think of anything better to say for some reason….
Here are some of the most lame ones around.
1. “Do you have a band-aid? I skinned my knee when I fell for you!”
2. “God told me we were supposed to be together!” (However the guy fails to think of whether God has told his prospective woman the same thing)
3. “Wanna go to a movie?…You’ll have to drive”
4. (Song of Songs 4:1-4)
1 “How beautiful you are, my darling!
Oh, how beautiful!
Your eyes behind your veil are doves.
Your hair is like a flock of goats
descending from the hills of Gilead.
2 Your teeth are like a flock of sheep just shorn,
coming up from the washing.
Each has its twin;
not one of them is alone.
3 Your lips are like a scarlet ribbon;
your mouth is lovely.
Your temples behind your veil
are like the halves of a pomegranate.
4 Your neck is like the tower of David,
built with courses of stone[a];
on it hang a thousand shields,
all of them shields of warriors. ” …and he continues on “down the list”
Good for the time but wouldn’t work in any modern society, not in the West anyway.
5. “I think I could show you a good time” (but how can you be absolutely sure of that)
6. “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven”
…and the list goes on. These were the ones I could think of at the time.