Kurt Busch is not charged. That means nobody got hurt!
Well this has to be good news! Looks like my whole team of drivers will be back in tact in a matter of weeks and I won’t have to replace anyone. That’s great! It will be good for Kurt to be able to move on from this. And then soon Kyle will be done recovering from surgery and everything will be back to normal!
Kurt Busch Statement: “I am grateful that the prosecutors in Delaware listened, carefully considered the evidence, and after a thorough investigation decided to not file criminal charges against me. I wish to thank my family, friends, fans, and race team who stood by me throughout this nightmare with their unwavering support. Thanks also goes to my legal team for making sure that the truth got out and was fully provided to the prosecutors. As I have said from the beginning, I did not commit domestic abuse. I look forward to being back in racing as soon as possible and moving on with my life.”(ESPN)(3-5-2015)
Kurt Busch will not be charged by the Delaware Attorney General’s office: Kurt Busch will not be charged by the Delaware Attorney General’s office. Attorney General Matt Denn’s office declined to file charges stemming from a complaint filed in November by the driver’s ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll. Thursday’s decision concludes a months-long investigation that has kept the NASCAR world guessing what would happen to the driver known as “The Outlaw.”
“After a thorough consideration of all of the available information about the case, it is determined that the admissible evidence and available witnesses would likely be insufficient to meet the burden of establishing beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Busch committed a crime during the Sept. 26 incident,” Delaware Attorney General spokesman Carl Kanefsky said in an email. “Likelihood of meeting that high burden of proof is the standard for prosecutors in bringing a case. For this reason, the Department of Justice will not pursue criminal charges in this case.”
Driscoll, president of the Armed Forces Foundation and a defense contractor, alleges Busch grabbed her by the throat and slammed her head three times against the bedroom wall of his motor home during a race weekend in Dover. A Kent County Family Court commissioner ruled in favor of Driscoll last week and granted a protection order against the driver in a separate civil matter. NASCAR, acting off that civil decision, suspended the driver indefinitely, two days before the Daytona 500.
The order, which expires in 2016, stipulates that Busch has to stay 100 yards away from Driscoll, her home and workplace. At NASCAR races he has to maintain the maximum “practicable” distance from her and not attempt to contact her. “We’re very disappointed that the Attorney General’s office chose not to prosecute, but it only makes the order for the (protection order) that much more important,” said Carolyn McNeice, Driscoll’s attorney. “I understand their position, but I am disappointed.”(Delaware News Journal)(3-5-2015)
AND The decision by the Delaware Attorney General’s office, might not affect Busch in the interim because he’s under suspension by NASCAR. The sport indefinitely suspended the Stewart-Haas Racing driver before the Daytona 500 — a decision that was upheld on appeal — after a family court commissioner issued a detailed opinion Feb. 20 saying that Busch had committed an act of domestic violence against Driscoll. NASCAR hasn’t announced the guidelines for Busch’s reinstatement but is using a domestic violence expert to help determine Busch’s path. Busch has agreed to the NASCAR guidelines. The burden of proof is different in the criminal and civil cases that stem from this incident.(ESPN)(3-5-2015)