Longest race of the year.
1. #48 Jimmie Johnson. He still owns this place, it’s surprising, yet in a weird way, refreshing that he hasn’t had a win yet.
2. #5 Kasey Kahne. If his car is anything like last week in the All-Star Race, he’ll be just fine
3. #24 Jeff Gordon. He’s seen pretty much everything here. Experience could pay off in a big way.
Guys to Watch
1. #41 Kurt Busch. After whatever success he has in the Indy 500 (driving a #26 Honda) this afternoon. Keep an eye on him tonight. He is attempting 1,100 miles in one day.
2. #9 Marcos Ambrose.
3. #43 Aric Almerola. Will either of them be able to perform with all this action surrounding their racing organization once again.