It could really be anyone, they don’t call it the “Alabama Lottery” for nothing.
1. #48 Jimmie Johnson He won here in the spring with the help of Dale Earnhardt Jr.
2. #24 Jeff Gordon He’s also won here recently.
3. #88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. This is really the only track, other than Daytona, that Dale could still be a legitimate threat at.
Guys To Watch
1. #22 Kurt Busch His restrictor plate program gets better and better each time he goes to one of these drafting tracks.
2. #21 Trevor Bayne The 2011 Daytona 500 winner…could he win another at Talladega.
3. #77 T.J. Bell He’s driving a Dan Wheldon tribute car this week. I wonder how well he will do? Perhaps he will lead a lap or something. Who knows?