The Ten Commandments are more than a list of do’s and don’ts. They are rules so that we may live a life that is much more full for us and pleasing to God. Following them can also help us to avoid unpleasant situations…even though they may look great at first. Many people think that the Ten Commandments can be ignored in today’s society. However, if we did that, there would be complete chaos. The Ten Commandments are more relevant now than ever before.
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make an idol or image.
3. Don’t use God’s name in vain
4. Remember the Sabbath. Keep it Holy
5 Honour Your Father and Mother
6. Do not Murder
7. Do not commit Adultury
8. Do Not Steal
9. Don’t lie.
10. Don’t Covet (or want the exact same thing that someone else has even if you have to kill or steal from them to get it).
The first 5 commandments reflect how we are supposed to honour God. The second 5 depict how we are to treat each other.
Over the next 10 days we will look at each one and how we are to apply it to our lives.